On My Plate
I'm on this weird home-improvement kick suddenly. I've made asides about redoing my guest bathroom (now 99% complete; I just need to get slightly smaller wall anchors for the new towel racks) and revamping my grandmother's dressing table in my spare time, but I've got a long list of things I want to do next:
- Paint 1 or 2 broad vertical blue stripes around the downstairs half bathroom.
- Install a new medicine cabinet in my bathroom (I really really really hate the ones that were in the house when I bought it), and touch up paint on the ceiling
- Repaint the guest bathroom ceiling with new crisp white paint (an project independent of the current reno)
- Paint feature points in the kitchen red
- Paint the hall dusty bronze.
- Reorganize the garage
- Reposition and repot the orchids in their current containers
- Dig up the grass (when the snow fully melts) around the pond so I can put pebbles down (because the grasskiller stuff didn't work)
- Finish making the lava wineglasses
- Gild a bunch of frames I bought at a thrift shop for my bedroom wall
- Frame up cork tiles for bulletin boards in my office and kitchen
- set up smaller desk, rearrange furniture upstairs, and get things in order.
- Reorganize my closets (put in more shelves, move things logically, sort out clothes that I never wear or are too big)
- Make "heads" to put my spiffy hats on.