The Latest on Reuben Cone
Ad for The Arlington House
This advertisement appeared in The Atlanta Constitution
From Franklin Garrett's fantastic Atlanta and Environs:Vol II, page 565:
Still later in the year , in October, an ancient and imposing landmark disappeared when the Arlington Hotel, at Marietta and Cone streets, next door to the Georgia Railway and Electric Company, was torn down to make way for the three story Hayden Building. The Arlington, a three story brick structure with large front porches on both the first and second floors, was built as a residence before the war of the 60's by Mrs. Reuben Cone, widow of the Judge. Later it became the residence of her son-in-law, Judge Julius A Hayden, and after his removal to Florida in 1877, a boarding house and hotel.